Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I did it!

Well, I am finally getting a project posted! Hooray!
Here is a stationary box I made for my big sister. I used the Bella Rose designer series paper which I love, but is now retired. So sad. I must apologize for the fact that a lot of the supplies I used are now discontinued. I haven't received my new stuff yet, but will definitely be making this box again when it arrives.
I got the pattern from Jackie Topa's blog and you can view the tutorial HERE.
The original design had a stamp pocket and a address book which I omitted from my design. It also contained gift tags but I didn't think my sister would really use them so I made a bookmark instead and just popped the pen in the same pocket.

Here are the contents of the stationary box. I made four 3"x 3" cards in two different designs and four standard note cards in two designs as well. I also made a book mark and, of course, a matching pen. This pen did give me a little trouble though. The opening was so tiny I had a hard time getting the paper in. I hear RSVP pens by Pentel work really well so, I'm going to try that next time.
The supplies used are:
SU! stamp sets - Dreams du Jour, Bella Blossom, & Classic Stripe
SU! card stock - Red Riding Hood, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip & Whisper White.
SU! designer series paper - Bella Rose.
SU! classic ink - Riding Hood Red, Pink Pirouette, Old Olive, So Saffron, & Basic Brown.
SU! accessories - grosgrain ribbon in Old Olive, Choc. Chip & striped Riding Hood Red, red gingham ribbon, scallop edge punch, scallop square punch, scallop circle punch, various size circle punches.
Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment