Thursday, July 2, 2009

Stampin' for Micah!

This month I am asking for help for a precious little boy named Micah Gower.
Let me give you a little background on my relationship with this family.
Micah's dad Brian is an old friend from my days of working at Disneyland, who has been a brother to me. I met Brian when he turned his pants into the Disneyland laundry with his wallet in the pocket. This was the day after his wallet had been returned to him after being stolen. After an hour of searching laundry bags we recovered his wallet and he rushed off, being late for his next job. He returned 5 min, later heading to the security building next door to mine. My shift had ended and I went to see what had happened. In his haste that morning, arriving from his previous job ( Brian worked three jobs to pay his bills) he had accidentally parked in a carpool space and a Denver boot had been placed on his car to prevent him from leaving. I waited with him for the hour that D-land security forced him to wait before removing it, and from then on we were the best of friends! I soon discovered that days like this were not uncommon in Brian's life and he earned the nickname "Murphy" from my sister, referring to Murphy's Law, of course. Brian has faced many trials in his life, from divorced parents, to repeated break-ins and vandalism of his business, and the untimely accidental death of his father. Most recently, their garage caught on fire, and as they had just moved in, half their belongings were still in boxes in there and were destroyed. Through it all Brian has forged ahead with a positive attitude and faith in God.
Right now, Brian and his wife Laila are going through the biggest challenge of their life. Their little boy was born with a heart defect called Tetrology of Fallot or Tof. This requires lots of machinery and 24/7 in- home nursing care. Insurance does not pay for this and Brian and his wife are working six jobs between them to pay their bills. As you can imagine this is very hard on them and Micah's big brother.
So, here's what I am doing. I will be donating 10% of all my sales in July to the Micah Gower Fund which has been set up to help pay for Micah's medical expenses. This offer is available only through me. All you have to do is place your Stampin' Up! order through me and 10% will be put in to Micah's fund. You can place an order anytime through my Stampin' Up! website HERE or you can call or e-mail me if you prefer. My contact information is also on my Stampin' Up! website.
If you would like to learn more about Micah, you can visit his page at Caring Bridge HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment